Wednesday, January 12, 2011

PLEASE READ, PLEASE HELP

 

This is a post from my other blog, http://www.iamwickedcheap.com.  I wouldn't normally post the same thing on two different blogs, but this is important. 

 

365 Days to a Wicked Great Mom

Day 140 – PLEASE READ, PLEASE HELP 


I am on a mission to become a Wicked Great  Mom.  It’s all about the quality time (QT). 

Click here to see how it all began and click here if you’d like to join me.


 
Emily – Age 3


I’m doing things a little bit differently today because there is a Wicked Great Mom out there that needs your help.

On December 18, 2010 Shannon, Coupon Mommy of 2, took her 3 year old daughter to the emergency room because she spiked a fever. Thinking she was going to be told her daughter had the flu or strep, you can imagine her shock when the doctors told her that they found a tumor the size of a golf ball near Emily’s adrenal gland.  On December 23rd Emily had an operation to remove the tumor.  Unfortunately, the doctor’s were only able to remove 75% of it.  She has since been diagnosed as stage IV and will have to undergo chemotherapy. 

Of course, there’s way more to it than that – you can read Emily’s full story on Caring Bridge

I can not imagine what this family is going through and I just wish I could give Shannon a big hug. 

I can’t do that, but I figured out that there is something that I can do – I can share her story. 

What can you do? 

* Please, please say an extra prayer for Emily tonight and every night until that little girl is back home and happy and healthy and CANCER FREE!

* Share Emily’s story – spread the word by emailing this post to your friends and/or posting it on your Facebook status.

* Get out your credit card!  Shannon’s friend, Malia, bumbledoo, has set up an auction on her Facebook page.  Women from all over the country (including me and my sister) have donated some fantastic homemade goodies for you to bid on.  The auction ends tonight(Wednesday) at midnight.

All proceeds will benefit Shannon and her family. 

**************************************************

What did you do with your kid(s) today? Please stop by the 365 Days… discussion on the ‘I am wicked cheap!’ Facebook page and let me know!

0 comments: